Monday, September 13, 2010

Good vs. Better(?)

Talitha and her daddy have been having a great time...

...and...

Talitha and her daddy are ready for Tali's mommy to come home.



I can't remember where Malorie got these glasses but ever since she brought them home, Tali has loved playing with them.

This is the first time she's let me take her picture with them on. She's so cute with them but usually by the time I run and get the camera, she's done playing with them and no amount of coaxing changes her mind.

Normally, the glasses aren't upside down on her face but I wasn't about to mess with them.

I'll never forget what the Nurse Practitioner told me clear back when Talitha was in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and I was fussing with her blankets or this or that to try to make her even more comfortable:

"Better is the enemy of good."

All too often I make things worse by meddling or trying too hard to make them a little bit better instead of just appreciating that they are already really good.

And good can be ok if you let it.

2 comments:

  1. Glasses are a little girl's best friend! Makes them look all "hollywood"
    She looks just darling, and happy too. Daddy time is the best for girls...big or little :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete