Friday, September 17, 2010

It's time

This blog began as a series of daily emails from my brother to family members.

To relieve the pressure of having to repeat vital information about Talitha's serious condition again and again, I was able to take few minutes each night as I drove from the hospital to my mother-in-law's home to verbally update my brother on the events from the day and he would compile the data and forward it on.

Those early emails became the first posts of this blog.

At the point where I could emotionally function again to some degree I began posting daily updates to this blog personally. (Many thanks to the kind family and extended family who helped me set up and learn to use a blog.)

These past 265 days have been filled with miracles, learning, heartache, joy, stress, hope, gratitude, and love.

Some nights the words came easily. Many nights were a struggle.

The healing I've witnessed and experienced is completely real and undeniable.

Physical healing, if not the most important, has been the most obvious.

While the daily journey will from this point be less public, Talitha's fulfillment of her mission and purpose has only just begun.

We expect the play-by-play details to now be less frequently reported. Weekly or "as-needed" reports probably make more sense given the less dramatic, less urgent nature of the day to day pieces.

Our faith in Jesus Christ has been our refuge from this very unexpected storm.

These recent trials have encouraged us most persuasively to seek and follow the Good Shepherd more intently.

I pray that faith in Christ may continue to increase to the extent that storms are and will continue to be a part of life. Jesus is the Master over the terrifying, stormy elements; His calming intervention both soothes and rescues.

There are no words to adequately express our gratitude for the countless prayers from friends, family, neighbors and even strangers. You have been His hands in lifting our burdens, sharing of your substance, providing relief in every way possible.

We love you.

We pray that the Lord will richly bless you and reward you abundantly for your many kindnesses and unselfish generosity towards Talitha and our whole family.

We will never be the same and thankfully so.

For me, the light blue wrist band that says "Pray for Talitha" has become symbolic of not just the Lord raising our daughter from peril but also His boundless mercy, power, and grace to raise all of us to be more than we have been and to do more than we have done before.

The wrist band reminds me to pray for those who are experiencing hardship and then seek for ways to help lift burdens within my circle of influence. I have learned this and many other important lessons by watching you and seeing the way you have prayed for and served and lifted us.

We've learned for ourselves that angels are real and most the time they visit wearing something other than white clothes and halos.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And may the honor and glory be forever to Him who gives us life and blessings beyond calculation.

2 comments:

  1. William,
    I just wanted to thank you for sharing and allowing us all to be part of the very hard journey you have all been going through.
    Your nightly posts have not only been informative, but a great place to lift me up on those days that seem so hard, knowing that my struggles seem so minor compared to what your family and Tali have been through.
    The spiritual lifts that I got from your posts and from Audrey's have made a mark on my testimony that will last a lifetime and beyond.
    Thank you again and our prayers will continue for Tali!

    brenda

    ReplyDelete