Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


Talitha had a better night. Her body is ridding itself of the methotrexate faster than the first time around and we hope that continues. We are also giving her Leucovorin--the rescue medicine given after methotrexate--twice as often in the hopes it will prevent her mouth from completely breaking down again.

We played, and read, and went on walks in the wagon. She's still drinking and eating well and that's helping. (I tried doing one of the fancy nurse tricks--change Talitha while she's asleep on her stomach. I actually did get the diaper on but woke her up in the process. Nurse Dad still has a stinkin' lot to learn.)

Talitha finally got a "real" room assignment on the ICS floor and moved in late this afternoon. She enjoyed a visit from all her siblings today, including her oldest sister who is in town from college for the long weekend. (They decorated her new room at the hospital with hearts and valentine day love notes, and streamers, etc...)

I attended a church service held at the hospital while Talitha was napping this morning. The speaker read a scripture from Matthew 11: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

I love that. (And it really is true!)

No comments:

Post a Comment