Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Still no white blood cells

I really didn't understand that the week of chemo injection--hard as it was--would be followed by even more challenging after effects, most notably the literal exhaustion of the blood. When they told us the blood counts could continue to drop for 7 to 10 days AFTER she concluded the injections, it didn't make any sense to me so I dismissed it, classifying it in that ever popular happens-to-other-kids-not-mine folder.

Talitha has lost enough weight since last Thursday that they inserted a feeding tube early this evening. Not exactly what I was hoping for (and I'm not even the one gagging on it going down).

Angels make it possible to endure when tediousness sets in. Among the many things I've been invited to reconsider since December 23 is the notion that angels primarily come to our aid from the other side of the veil that separates heaven and earth. I believe now that my ratios may have been lopsided in the wrong direction as I'm seeing an inordinate amount of angel activity all around us physically. From dinners showing up as if someone knew exactly what night it was needed to emails of encouragement with precise course material with answers to help with the test(s) of the day...I'm starting to see why prophets of old would say things like "all things denote there is a God."

You angels have such ordinary names, faces, homes, and dress, who'd have guessed. No wings, harps, or cloud hopping...just kind, caring, spirit-heeding normal people trying to keep up with your own challenges and cares but somehow never too busy to lift the hands that may be a bit droopy whether in your immediate geographic or wider virtual proximity.

You angels are the heaven-sent white blood cells of my faith that boost my immunity against the diseases of discouragement, loneliness, anger, and despair. How I pray God's choicest blessings will be with you to uphold you and your loved ones that you too may have an abundance of His spirit to lift and guide you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment