Sunday, August 8, 2010

He is a God of miracles

I love teaching songs to the children at church. The song I'm teaching them this month is one of my favorites from the Children's Songbook (p. 228) and is called "My Heavenly Father Loves Me":

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav'nly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev'rently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heav'nly Father loves me.

Such gentle music and sweet words. There's really nothing quite like knowing God loves us.

After music time, the children learn stories from the scriptures and other lessons about following Jesus.

Each month there is a theme for these special lessons. The theme for August is "Jesus Christ Is the Son of God, and He Is a God of Miracles."

Guess what today's lesson was about?

Jesus raising the daughter of Jairus from the dead. (Our favorite--especially during Talitha's birthday month!)

How grateful I am that Jesus is a God of miracles. He raised people in ancient times and we know firsthand that He raises people in our modern times.

I think this scripture says it best:

"And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles." (Morm. 9:19)

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment