Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Remedies

Talitha goes in for another follow-up visit to the hospital tomorrow.

She's not had a runny nose for a while now so we hope to see a better jump in her white blood cell count. Audrey is so good and giving Tali a daily regiment of liquid vitamins and other fabulous concoctions sure to chase away the lingering bugs and help rebuild her immune system.

One of my mom's favorite scriptures refers to the fact that people in ancient times were able to overcome many illnesses "because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases..." (Alma 46:40)  My mom has studied for many years to learn ways in which we too can use what God has given us in the form of many plants and natural remedies to promote health and overcome sickness.

We've been very fortunate to have both natural remedies and medical protocols to draw from in doing all we can to help our daughter. We've seen God's tender hand in guiding us to use every inspired means available while trusting in His omnipotent hand and will.

I've realized time and time again that I know nothing; I'm weak when it comes to my own strength.

But my confidence in God and His power continues to grow.

Our family theme for the year has been a tremendous reminder of this: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philip. 4:13)

It's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment