Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finding more life

Dr. Pulsipher from the Bone Marrow Transplant team is recommending that we get Talitha going with physical therapy. It seems that Talitha's legs can move ok but the ability to balance just isn't there anymore.


With older siblings around, Talitha has plenty of opportunities to move and be active. And I hope lots of activity and practice with the large motor skills will help stimulate the cerebellum to fully regenerate and repair.

From time to time I think about how we found Talitha's name in the bible. While the actual word is found only in Mark 5:41, the story of Jesus raising the daughter of Jairus is also found in Luke chapter 8. The words of verse 50 especially grab my attention: "Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole."

That Christ has the power to raise us from our afflictions whatever they are and make us whole is certain. Seeing so much evidence of His power inspires me to want to be better and do better and invite others to find Christ so they will have the same hope I have. But having hope in Christ is not the same as wishing to get our way. Being willing to accept God's will is as important as knowing He has the power to do all things.

Through the power of the resurrection and atonement, Christ has saved all of us from physical death. Now He calls to us in our day as in times past with the simple words "come follow me" so that we may also be saved from spiritual death.

I love that Christ is all about "life".

The more I find Christ, the more I find life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment