Monday, April 26, 2010

Love

I love this song the children sing at church:

"As I have loved you,
Love one another.
This new commandment:
Love one another.
By this shall men know
Ye are my disciples,
If ye have love
One to another."

The words to this song are based on the scripture found in John that recounts Christ's instructions to his apostles near the end of His mortal ministry.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." (John 13:34-35)

Christ's love is a perfect pattern to follow.
 
We learn from reading the scriptures that Christ's love "is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." (Moroni 7:45)

I'm grateful for Christ's love. I see it in the faces of my children (when they are being nice). I see it in the acts of kindness that we receive from loving neighbors and concerned friends on nearly a daily basis.

I feel it when I pray.

Love is so simple yet so powerful.

Thank you for loving Talitha. Whether it's a wave across the back yard fence or a word of encouragement from the other side of the world, your love lifts, builds, and inspires us.

We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment