Sunday, April 18, 2010

Winds of Adversity

Hospitals make you fat.

Well, at least they do if you're not the sick one. When you're the one taking care of someone else, there's a lot of sitting, reading, singing, writing, playing, coloring, watching, rocking, and sneaking in of a nap now and again that goes on. (Not to mention eating hospital food.) There is definitely some extra padding that starts sticking around.

So, that is why with the weather getting so amazing I decided to go for a walk outside when Talitha was taking a nap. On one occasion last week I started heading east. That was a mistake, it was pretty much all uphill with hardly any sidewalks. I was huffing and puffing.

Another day I tried going north/west. This was better, although the terrain up there is either up or down, not a lot of flat surface to catch your breath. But, there was lots of sidewalk so I stuck with it. I was feeling really good about the distance, and how things were going inspite of the ups and downs. That's when the wind started. I started heading back, out of shape and out of breath, when the wind started really blowing against me. I was mad. All I wanted to do was take a walk. The wind made it extra hard to keep moving forward. I put up with all the ups and downs, why this??

Isn't that the way it goes? I hate to admit that I was mumbling and grumbling most of the way back. And when I finally got to the big PCMC sign something amazing happened.

I looked up at Tali's window, the clouds opened up and there was sunshine on my face. The tears came down and I could feel His warm embrace. If we could all just hang on until that sunshine comes in...

Talitha has had her ups and downs this past week too. Today she had a very down morning, and was very grumpy (can you blame her? :o). Her counts being at zero, she just didn't feel like doing much of anything, including eating. She did, however, continue to drink her milk (yay!).

Tali had a 2 1/2 hour morning nap and then had another 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon. After that her day went up! She ate lots for dinner and amazed her dad by eating almost everything he ordered for her, including some watermelon and tomatoes! YAY!

The doctors are amazed at how well she is doing. This is day #6 from the transplant and she is eating, drinking, and pooping normally. Life is good. Even with a little wind in it. I think I may change the title of my entry to "wings of adversity" instead. Because despite the adversity He carries us on His wings. And we are so blessed to be carried on the wings of your prayers. Thank you. May the Lord bless you and warm you with His radiating sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment