Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Be strong and of a good courage"

Tonight I need to borrow the Girl's Camp theme that the young women and their leaders reported on in church a couple Sundays ago:

"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." (Joshua 1:9)

Tomorrow's "spinal tap" will be the third one Talitha has received since January, the first since completing her treatments.

It always takes a few days to get the lab results from these "lumbar punctures" but we are hoping that this time the spinal fluid will be clear of roaming cancer cells.

Kind of nerve racking if I think about it too much. Just have to keep telling myself to "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid..."

That's why I appreciate the example of Joshua. He paid attention to what the Lord was trying to teach him and later on was able to say with confidence: "choose you this day whom ye will serve; ...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)


I like that.

Thank you, ALL, for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment