Saturday, July 3, 2010

God bless America!

A day of celebration!

So much to be grateful for and so much heritage to live up to. I couldn't help but wonder what our ancestors--who paid such a price for freedom--must think as they see the widespread peace we enjoy but also the threats to that peace.

I pray that God will continue to bless America and I know that He will if we will put our faith and trust in Him.

"Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written." (Ether 2:12)

I took Talitha with me for a car ride this evening to drop off her brother Trevor at one of the many patriotic events going on throughout the city. Tali was in such great spirits and talked and sang the whole way home. I didn't want to say anything just in case that would make her shy. I just wish I could have recorded it.

Most of the talking and singing was in a language other than what I understand, but at one point she suddenly and very clearly sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"--almost the entire song. What a delight to hear her so happy!

That's how I feel about the Fourth of July holiday. There's a feeling a joy and unity that just feels great.

May our hearts turn to God more and more. And I pray that He will bless this great land and the many men and women who still serve our country to preserve our rights and to be a light of hope to all the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment