Monday, July 12, 2010

Words of Christ

I've been reading the words of Christ the last few days and find myself hanging on His words a little more fervently than ever before.

I try to imagine what it would be like to have lived when Jesus was on the Earth. And I think about the promise that He will someday return again to the Earth.

When I hear or read stories of Jesus like the one below, I long to have His healing touch upon my family, especially Talitha.

"And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them.

"And he said unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you.

"Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy." 3 Nephi 17:5-7

I know that through faith, all things are possible. I'm grateful that blessings of healing and strength can be received in our day as well as in ancient times.
 
Belief in the gift of healing is included in one of the articles of faith from my church: "We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth."
 
Faith really is the key to calling down the powers of heaven. Though sometimes I feel like my faith is weak, I try to never give up. The Lord keeps helping us through the rough and choppy waters and has always supported us through our trials.
 
I don't understand His ways and timing but I do trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment