Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grateful for friends

Yesterday, I reported on Talitha's "new" baby.

Today, I'm happy to report that her "old" baby has not been abandoned. As Audrey watched Talitha play with both babies, she overheard Tali say, "hi, friends."

This scene was repeated several times and Talitha would hold the two babies close together, look at Audrey, and say, "friends!"

Speaking of friends, our second oldest daughter graduated from Provo High School this evening. My brother stayed at the hospital with Talitha so that both Audrey and I could be there at the graduation. After the event, our daughter found lots of friends to hug and take pictures with.

So interesting seeing our youngest daughter beginning to learn the concept of friends at the same time that her older sister is starting to say farewell to friends she's been making since she was a little girl.

Feeling a kind of heart-tug watching my children at their different stages of life, I want to gratefully acknowledge my friends. I'm grateful for each of you in my family, in my neighborhood, at church, at work, and at the hospital. I'm grateful for my old friends and grateful for my new friends.

Thank you for touching my life and making me want to be a better person.

You are a blessing and a treasure.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment